The Accelerated Men

Strange to see my old band still has a strange cult following. We are listed first in the “The Gothic Music Handbook” An accident of name I know – but we are chuffed.

And one track that everyone loved was still being played in clubs in Melboune in 2002 – almost 13 years after it was made.

And of all things we are now listed among the seminal Goth bands of Perth by Vince Valentini. Vince, I swear the tiny little font was Jay’s idea. 🙂

A tiny little legend of a band.

I do miss those days.

Advertisements

About metawrap

CTO Massive Interactive. Ex Computer Whiz Kid - Now Grumpy Old Guru.
This entry was posted in Music & Art, Nostalgia for Misspent Youth. Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to The Accelerated Men

1. Emerson says:

Well i never knew that, i thought you were a child of the 303 not the 666.

😉

2. James Mc Parlane says:

Diversity is wonderful 🙂

3. Petar Z says:

Hi. I’m a friend/ex-bandmate of Vince Valentini’s from back in the early Perth days. I’m back in Perth after 22 years away. Would love to catch up with Vince. Any contact details or could you pass on mine?

• metawrap says:

Last I saw him he was living in Melbourne.

You might want to try tracking down via Lev (http://www.levlafayette.com/) He seems to have stayed in touch with many of the Perth crew who moved to Melbourne.

• John says:

Peter, I’m John…You may remembewr me I was Vince’s school friend and did alot of the artwork for Crimson Boy back in the day. Best memory I have of you is setting that long fringe of yours on fire…way too much gel in the eighties! 🙂 He’s still in Balga (now Westminster) living next his mother’s house. No 7 Rail St. He moved on alot spiritually since you last met. Take Care X

• Petar Z says:

Hey John! Thanks for the info. Managed to catch up with Vince a few months ago- was great to see him and where he’s at. He mentioned you are well and over in Melbourne. If you’re over in Perth for any reason lets all catch up.
        Yes, the ‘fringe’ became the ‘singe!’ At least I did it before Michael Jackson had his bad hair day!
        Ciao for now