Highly proficient in
- C#, ASP and ASPX
- C and C++
- XML Standards and most other W3 and RFC Internet standards (written own implementation of most of them)
- Multithreaded systems and application level programming for WIN32 and ‘Linux/Unix’ platforms.
- Interactive Television and broadcast technology development.
- Designing highly scalable Internet services.
- Graphics and Audio programming in C, C++ and GL.
- Business development.
- Systems design.
- User Interface design.
- Database design.
- Multimodal/Multiplatform systems.
- Apache and Browser plugin development.
- Low level networking. WiFi/Bluetooth MAC address mining.
- Mobile Phone application development.
Will code in VHDL, Java, Eiffel, Perl, Pascal, Lisp, Scheme, M4, Prolog, PHP, Python or Ruby if enticed by danger money.
- Loosely coupled super computing/distributed computing.
- Media transcoding
- MMS/SMS Messaging
- Non linear searching algorithms
- Complexity management
- Artificial “Life”
- Parsing theory.
- Computer Languages (Developed several ‘toy’ languages and a macro assembler in 1988)
- Virtual Machine/Computing/Language theory. Written many small utility scripting languages and virtual machines for fun and profit.
- Evangelist for Test Driven programming and continuous integration. Everything else from XP I take with a grain of salt when required.
- Strongly believe that any TSR and “system tray“applications should be tiny and not annoy the user. Develop and maintain open source C and C++ open source code libraries for this purpose
- Cross platform development. Current C and C++libraries compile under WIN32,Solaris,BSD,Linux and OSX.
- There is nothing I like more than debugging multithreaded code.
- Bluetooth/Wifi aware social networks.
Designed and Implemented
- Nominated for an Emmy in 2008
- Nominated for an Emmy in 2007
- Numerous blue chip company websites.
- Custom validating and repairing SGML/HTML/XML parser in C++.
- Slashdotted several times for work in open source projects.
- XPath-like and XSLT-like engine in C and C++ (before XPath and XSLT).
- Mail server, IMAP. POP, SMTP and clients in C and C++ for set-top box systems.
- SMS, and MMS SMSC server and client from scratch from GSM specification.
- Build server and test reporting system.
- High capacity TCP streaming�and UDP packet serving frameworks in C andC++.
- Micro-kernel for the Nintendo Gameboy complete with TCP/IP stack.
- Video on demand server and client prototype for Liberate Technologies.
- Highly scalable XML processing and serving platform.
- Custom hardware solutions for clients.
- Prototype neural net (3LBP) based handwriting recognition system for the Australian Electoral Commission.
- V8 Supercars
- (1987)-Loosely coupled distributed processing engine using a biological/cellular automata model of computation.
Multiple AMIA Award winner.
One of the founders Clan Analogue recording label.
Started producing rave and nightclub visuals, becoming a very early VJ in 1988.
Performed multiple times at “The Big Day Out“
Technical consultant for first of “Matrix” Movies.
Plausibly responsible for killing Kurt Cobain.
Open Source Projects
Lead team in http://radon.set-top.net/ project.
Sometimes evangelist for dotGNU project.
CTO of Massive Interactive
Technical Director of Massive Interactive
Founded niche ISP for printing industry and free ISP for the electronic artists of Sydney.
Developed fault detecting and self-repairing PC based hardware set-top box for use in hotel market and fault detecting self-repairing internet gateway based on linux.
Worked as senior developer and later technical director at Documenta developing search and compression algorithms for multimedia publications.
Developed home grown supercomputer for the production of trippy rave visuals via genetic algorithms.
Co-founded Clan Analogue (Collective/Record label).
Sex, Computer Science and Rock And Roll.
Amiga, Aztec and Lattice C. PC Turbo C. MC68000 Assembler. PDP-11 Assembler. Pascal, Modula 2, Prolog. Lisp, Scheme.
Minor contributor to the the Amiga demo scene.
Developed�audio synthesis and sequencing software. Replaced�drummer and bass player with automaton.
Computer geek-let. Z80, 6502 assembler, BASIC and 300bps modems.